Samsung might be coming a tad late to the party but they are obviously entering with a bang. The I9000 Galaxy S packs a display of the greatest technology that the mobile world has ever seen and a pretty big one at that. A snappy 1GHz Cortex A8 CPU, HD video recording and a sweetly slim waistline make it look like the real deal in the eyes of every real geek.
Let’s take a look at the other features that the Samsung I9000 Galaxy S puts to the table.
Samsung I9000 Galaxy S at a glance:
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phone
- Dimensions: 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm, 118 g
- Display: 4" 16M-color Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 480 x 800 pixels
- CPU: Samsung Cortex A8 Hummingbird 1 GHz processor
- OS: Android 2.1 (Eclair)
- Memory: 8/16GB storage, microSD card slot
- Camera: 5 megapixel auto-focus camera with face detection and touch focus; 720p video recording at 30fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack
- Misc: TouchWiz 3.0 UI, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, Swype text input